THIS OR THAT - EBAY REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSH DUPE?




Hi girls,
I was on Ebay compiling a new Ebay Finds for you all and I stumbled across a batch of makeup brushes which held an uncanny resemblance to the Samantha Chapman Real Techniques brushes of course for a fraction of the price. I already own and adore the buffing brush from the Real Techniques collection so I thought I'd purchase this dupe to do a comparison post and see if it matches up to the real deal.




I purchased the Real Techniques face brush set around 8 months ago and the buffing brush became a staple in my brush collection.
The bristles are soft, extremely dense with a slight dome which helps to really buff in my foundation flawlessly and gives me a lot of control whilst moving the application around my face.
There has been no shedding at all in this brush and when cleaned with warm soapy water it bounces right back into shape and doesn't loose its softness or density.
This brush essentially does all the hard work for you therefore would definitely get a 10/10 for foundation application

This brush is sold in the Core Collection brush set and retails for £21.99








Off first glance you can spot the visible differences in the EBay brush compared to the Real Techniques. Firstly the bristles although soft are 100% synthetic and are not at all as dense as the RT which doesn't aid foundation application at all, its hard to get a grip on the skin to really work in the products without leaving streaks behind.
The shape of the bristles also differ as they are far more asymmetrical rather than domed which again hinders being able to maneuver the brush easily around the face.
One thing I would say is BETTER than the RT brushes is the shape of the handle which is curved and therefore is far more comfortable to hold onto which I guess makes up for the lack of density in the bristles themselves also you cannot dispute the value for money and savings over purchasing this over the Real Techniques brush set.

This brush is sold in a pack for 5 assorted brushes which retails for £8.49.








Ok, so I'm going to be honest and say that you're better off INVESTING in the Real Techniques brushes, as they say you pay for the quality and these brushes have already proved to me in the time I've had them that they do withstand daily use if they are looked after ( comment below or @ me on Twitter if you'd like to see how I clean and take care of my brushes).

HOWEVER if you are new to makeup and you're only just starting to experiment or build a makeup brush collection I would purchased the EBay brushes for practice before you feel comfortable using them and find brushes that ideally work for YOU; you should never feel forced to buy a product just because everyone else is raving about it its your make up, your face and most importantly your money.

Hope you found this helpful 

Lex
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment