Makeup Advice When to save and when to spend on makeup


I thought I'd revert from doing another review post and do a makeup advice post instead. As we all know makeup can be expensive and we can sometimes feel pressured into having high end brand names to keep up with the Joneses when it comes to having the must have products. However quite simply with anything if they don't ask don't tell, once a product is on your face everyone sees it as the final outcome not as the brand and some cheaper brands give off just the sane impression as MAC and YSL that its simply hard to tell the difference at all.
So here is my advice on when to save on makeup purchases and when its ok to spend an extra few 
£££ on more expensive items.

Mascaras, girls PLEASE do not be coxed into buying mascaras more than £10. Mascaras are an item in any makeup collection or make up kit that need to be changed frequently to protect both your personal hygiene and the hygiene of your clients. We all experience mascaras drying out and becoming flaky and its an item we use almost every day even if you use false lashes. I have many friends who are makeup artists who stand by using Miss Sporty mascaras in their kit that are absolutely amazing and you can stock up on more than one at the price one high end mascara costs. There are way too many variations of mascara on the drugstore market for less that £10 for any need to purchase one from a high end retailer.

Lipsticks again save your buck you don't need to spend a fortune on lipsticks, there are loads of great lipsticks by brands such as MUA and Makeup Revolution that retail for £1 of course its nice to have one or two lipsticks from high end brands that you truly love but its not a necessity. You can spend a couple of pounds on loads of lipsticks which you can press into palettes or mix to make the unique shades you find in high end stores. But otherwise once their on your lips no one knows what products you've got on your face so who cares?

Cream blushes, use your lipsticks, simple.

Lip Pencils, eye pencils  and eyebrow pencils £12.00 for a pencil…why…you really don't need to do this Barry M do amazing pencils as do Rimmel for eyebrows.

Blushes and contouring powders, eyeshadows double up as blushes and contouring powders matte eyeshadows usually work better for this when multi using.

Foundation, to me foundations are an investment rather than a purchase, your base makeup sets the tone for the rest of your look. The same goes for pressed powders and concealers. Colour matching, colour correcting, finishes all factors when it comes to base makeup that you should invest in (in my opinion). MAC & Bobbi Brown would definitely be my high end retailer of choice when it comes to foundation.

Eyeshadows it seems to be a theme with eyeshadows that you're paying for pigment, colour payoff and longevity. The only thing I would say takes the biscuit with spending on eyeshadows is the amount of product you're getting for your £ which is usually less than you would get with cheaper eyeshadows. 

Bronzers, I find drugstore, cheaper bronzers are orange and jam packed with glitter the whole idea of a bronzer is to make you appear if you have a tan who goes to Spain and comes back orange and glittery…not me and hopefully not you either. Hula Bronzer by Benefit is an amazing investment bronzer as its matte and a true tan shade.


2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I totally agree with you about the mascaras and pencils. I feel that I'm throwing my money away buying them. No matter how that product was expensive, I would be disappointed with the result. Nevertheless, I always choosing lipsticks from MAC, as I love them very much, but this is only my troubles :) xx

    http://makeupower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have a devils soft spot for MAC lipsticks myself included haha glad you liked it xxx

      Delete