NYX Blush in Cocoa Review - Perfect Contour Shade for Light, Medium & Tanned Skintones



I NYX Blush  Cocoa I

So I've been on the hunt for a contouring blush shade that's more compact than carrying around a palette and I discovered this beautiful shade of blush by NYX in the colour Cocoa which is a velvety matte blush and is the perfect shade for contouring the hollows of my cheeks.


 The reason why this blush works so well for contouring is because for me personally I don't like using true brown powders when contouring as it can tend to leave just two big strips of brown down your face, and most contouring powders made for lighter and medium skin tones show up greyish and taupe looking. This blush is perfect because it has a terracotta undertone which means it blends seamlessly with the rest of my makeup and would work beautifully on light, olive to tanned  skin tones as it won't show up so harshly on the skin instead it creates a naturally subtle, sculpted, warm look which doesn't give the impression that you went out of your way to layer on a product to give some definition to your cheek bones.
This powder does apply very sheerly which again is a plus if you're planning to use it to contour as you can gradually build the colour. And I find it lasts a good 4 - 5 hours on the skin the sheerness again making touch-ups easy and flawless to apply. I find this blush applies perfectly when using my Real Techniques domed contour brush.
 Overall I would say this blush really is a bargain and a lovely product to work with and is definitely worth investing in if you're a lighter complexion looking for the right contour colour that doesn't show up grey.






No comments:

Post a Comment