Losing my MUA Makeup Academy £1 Lipstick Virginity


Until recently I had never actually purchased anything from the infamous Makeup Academy makeup line which stocks in Superdrug but I had a bit of spare change so I thought I'd pick up a few lipsticks and give them a try because nearly everyone in the blogging and vlogging world raves about the fantastic quality for value price.
All of these MUA lipsticks only cost £1 so I picked up three shades I knew I would get use out of as I don't see a point ransacking a whole line just because of the price its a waste of money and a waste of product.


The three shades I picked up ( from left to right )  Shade 16 Nectar, Shade 2 and Shade 14 bare.
Shade 16 is a beautiful true purple with a slight mauve undertone so it isn't bright but I was surprised at how pigmented this shade was, its a sheen finish so its moisturising on the lips and I like it because you can wear it during the day and night. Shade 2 is a bright, nearly neon  orange, orange is a make up trend for this summer so if you're into following trends but don't want to spend a huge amount of money then this is perfect again it is a sheen finish but is slightly more matte than shade 16. And finally Shade 14 Bare this is a true pinky nude almost pale salmon shade again with a sheen finish and I would not recommend dark skin tones to pick up this lipstick as its simply far too pink to compliment this skintone.


No comments:

Post a Comment